Thank you in advance for collecting donations for Front Steps! We appreciate your help as we strive to restore hope to Austin’s homeless men and women. For more info, please contact Natalie Freeburg at (512) 305-4153 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your generosity! Due to restrictions, we have specific guidelines for what are able to accept. Please remember, the best way to help someone exit homelessness and find their way home is through a financial contribution. For physical donations, please adhere to the lists below. and contact Natalie Freeburg (512) 305-4153, email@example.com before dropping off large quantities, so that we can make sure we have space for your items. You are also welcome to donate to Goodwill because our clients receive coupons to shop there. It is much better for us to receive consistent donations in smaller quantities, than to receive several large bags at once. Please do not drop off donations outside our building at 500 E 7th St or distribute them to those who are gathered outside, but bring them inside to us so we can make sure that they are received by those most in need.
List updated as of December 15, 2016
ARCH Day Resource & Emergency Overnight Shelter Clients (bold items are most needed):
- Hygiene products: travel-sized shampoo (we do not need conditioner), disposable razors, shaving cream (regular size cans or travel-sized), deodorant (full-sized), body lotion (travel-sized); travel-sized hand wipes, pocket-sized tissues; we do not need toothbrushes or toothpaste at this time.
- Clothing: due to a shortage of storage, we do not accept donations of clothing except the following: underwear (new) for men and women, comfortable shoes (i.e. sneakers) and socks (can be gently used) for men and women; warm hats and gloves new or gently used. For donation of sweaters or coats please contact Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reading glasses (if possible, please mark the strength on them) and cases; sunglasses
- Wallets (new or gently used), small zippered bags (like make-up bags) for organizing personal items
- Backpacks or small rolling suitcases (new or gently used); tote bags
- Bus passes (local day passes)
- Pocket-sized notebooks and pencils/pens
- Snack foods – chewy granola bars, small bags nuts, protein snacks (non-refrigerated), fruit pouches (i.e. apple sauce), small juice boxes
- Padlocks, large and travel-sized (combo ones are better than keyed
For ARCH Case Management Clients & Recuperative Care Clients moving into housing: Drop off must be arranged in advance by contacting Haggai Eshed (512) 305-4137 or email@example.com
- Bedroom: mattresses are already provided to clients but the following are needed – twin-sized pillows & sheets (new or very gently used); waste basket; bedside lamp; clothes hangers (5-10); iron & ironing board
- Furniture: small dressers with drawers, small kitchen tables & chairs, end tables/nightstands
- Kitchen appliances: small crock pots, microwave ovens, pots & pans, coffee makers
- Kitchen items: cooking utensils; dishes/utensils/mugs/glasses for four; hot pads; hand towels; mixing bowls, baking sheets, baking dishes; foil, cling film, baggies; can opener; dish drying rack; dishcloth or sponges, dishwashing soap; food storage containers with lids
- Bathroom: shower rod/shower curtain & rings; bath towel/hand towel/washcloths (new or like new); laundry basket & detergent; toilet brush & holder/ toilet plunger; basic first aid kit; toilet paper
- House cleaning: broom & dust pan; small trash can with liners; mop & bucket; sponges & cloths; bleach, pine floor cleaner, all purpose cleaner like Lysol 4 in 1; air freshener; paper towels
- Gift cards: Target, HEB, Walmart
- Gift cards for entertainment: movies, bowling, mini golf, sports
- Coffee and snacks for support groups
- Backpacks for day use
- Medi-Sets (pill organizer/container)
- Quarters for laundry; bus passes – local day passes
- Non-perishable food (limited quantities please)
- Digital Converter Boxes/TVs/universal remotes