We are currently recruiting 35 Full Time AmeriCorps Members.
All Members serve an 11 month service term (08/31/15 – 07/31/16).
Hours vary, but are typically 9:00am-5:00pm, M-F.
AmeriCorps Member Benefits
Full-time AmeriCorps members receive the following benefits:
- $12,530 annual living allowance
- $5,645 Segal Education Award upon completion of service
- Health insurance
- Student loan deferment on qualified federal loans
- Professional development and training opportunities
AmeriCorps Member Qualifications
- 20 years of age or older
- At least one year of college coursework
- Experience working or volunteering with the homeless population is preferred
- Are able to establish and maintain boundaries while working with clients in issue areas of shelter and housing, mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, general health, education, and refugee services.
- Have reliable transportation (select site placements require access to a vehicle)
- Bilingual in English/Spanish (select site placements only)
How to Apply: Applications Accepted 02/01/15 Until All Positions Filled
To complete the first round of your application, follow the steps below:
- Step1: Apply to our Keep Austin Housed listing
- Step 2: You will need to create a FREE profile on americorps.gov
- Step 3: You will be prompted to follow the link to our KAH Specific application
Please Note: application will NOT be considered unless BOTH the AmeriCorps and KAH specific application are complete. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding the online application.
Front Steps Keep Austin Housed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or sexual orientation.
The 2015-2016 Front Steps Keep Austin Housed AmeriCorps project is contingent upon grant approval by the OneStar Foundation and the Corporation for National and Community Service.