Job Title: Program Director
Reports to: Executive Director
FLSA: Full-Time/Exempt (40 hours per week)
Shift: Monday – Friday
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posting period: October 17, 2013 – November 8, 2013
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Program Director is primarily responsible for the development, implementation, management, and evaluation of the agency’s Case Management, Housing, Recuperative Care, Keep Austin Housed (KAH), and Support Group programs and ensuring they align with the organization’s mission. The Program Director is also responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures, and guidelines of all programs with the purpose of ensuring they meet all grant and government guidelines and regulations. The Program Director participates as a member of the Leadership Team and contributes to agency planning, management, and oversight. The Program Director also works closely with the Board of Directors’ Program Committee and Executive Director to develop and evaluate program effectiveness.
- Program Implementation, and Infrastructure
- Complete assessment of client needs utilizing collected data, surveys, and focus groups to determine the most critical and unmet needs of clients.
- Develop, implement, and manage programs that meet the most critical and unmet needs of clients.
- Establish policies, procedures, and safety guidelines for administering programs to ensure they are operating in compliance with government and funding regulations and guidelines.
- Establish measurement strategies to determine the effectiveness of existing programs.
- Collect, analyze, and gather data needed to access client outcomes and submit performance reports to grantors, funders, the Program Committee and to the Development Director for use in public relations materials.
- Evaluate programs and provide feedback to Executive Director and other key stakeholders, as needed.
- Manage fiscal operations, including budget development and authorization of expenditures.
- Monitors the financial stability of all programs and works closely with the Finance Manager and Development Director to discuss budget realignments and/or alternative funding sources.
- Identify gaps or overlaps in services and partner with other agencies to meet the needs of clients.
- Monitor trends, legislation and regulations that are relevant to the programs’ missions and makes program and advocacy recommendations to the Executive Director, Program Committee, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders.
- Create and submit program reporting, renewal or supporting documentation required by funding sources to maintain or develop approved program activities.
- Staff Management and Development
- Provide leadership and guidance for Management Team and other staff members to ensure they are performing in a manner that accomplishes the goals of the programs and the mission of the organization.
- Work closely with Human Resources to recruit, hire, and train staff to meet the established performance outcomes of the department.
- Provide written evaluation of existing programs to staff at the completion of a program or periodically throughout the program.
- Act a resource and support for Case Management, Housing, Recuperative Care, KAH, and Support Group staff in handling client issues and concerns.
- Encourage and schedule staff development, as needed.
- Prepare and conduct annual performance plans and reviews with assigned staff.
- Public Relations/Fundraising /Advocacy
- Work closely with Development Director and the Program Committee to promote new and existing programs.
- Assist with the development, direction, and evaluation of fundraising activities, including the cultivation of new donors, corporate support, special events, and grants that support all programs.
- Work closely with the Development Director to create and direct public relations and communication strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness of programs.
- Collaborate with community groups to strengthen and expand partnerships for the purpose of securing funding and providing program awareness and client needs.
- Attend and present at community events for the purpose of advocating for agency programs or providing program awareness.
- Bachelor degree in Social Work or closely related field.
- 3 years’ experience managing programs in the social services’ industry
- 3 years management experience
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a multi-program budget
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations that govern the administration of agency programs
- Experience with Health Management Information System (HMIS) and Continuum of Care functions
- Working knowledge of physical and cognitive disorders and disabilities
- Knowledge of psychosocial theory, methods, and ethics
- Adept at performing multiple tasks at once with attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and desktop publishing programs
- Reliable transportation
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Master degree and licensure in Social Work or closely related field, highly preferred
- 5 years’ experience working with the homeless population or closely related special needs population
- 5 years’ experience managing programs in the social services’ industry
- Knowledge of Austin social services community partners
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)