Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Front Steps! We welcome volunteers who are passionate about helping Front Steps restore hope to the homeless in Austin by dedicating their time, energy, and skills. If you feel a call to help those less fortunate and want to raise awareness about homelessness and poverty, then Front Steps may be the right place for you.
Front Steps’ Volunteer Mission Statement
Front Steps seeks a diverse and committed citizen population for meaningful community service opportunities that empower volunteers to contribute their gifts and talents to build stronger and healthier individuals and communities.
Goals of Front Steps’ Volunteer Program
- Encourage and recruit diverse citizen participation and community involvement
- Provide a positive volunteer experience that expands knowledge and encourages sharing of skills and talents
- Educate the community on homeless issues and solutions
- Retain trained and committed volunteers
- Create an extensive volunteer network
Is Front Steps right for you?
- Do you feel comfortable working with homeless and formerly homeless individuals?
- Are you able to volunteer your time on a weekly or monthly basis?
- Do you agree with our philosophy that all people deserve the dignity of a space place to call home?
- Are you committed to restoring hope to homeless men and women?
- Are you over the age of 18?
How do I become a volunteer?
- Familiarize yourself with our volunteer opportunities.
- Fill out the volunteer application.
- If selected, schedule a tour and orientation session with the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Attend orientation, complete paperwork and finally,
- Sign up for open shifts!
Austin, TX 78701